Monday, July 30, 2007

Ella & I Are Both Ill

I'm worried about her, she's losing blossoms left and right, and her leaves are turning yellow. Some orchid care Web sites tell me that these are signs of either over-watering, or too much sun. I haven't been watering more than once weekly, so I'm thinking it may be the sun. I've moved her away from the window again and hope this helps; because you're really not supposed to move them around too much.

As for me, something upset my stomach yesterday, and I'm still a little queasy. The Bronx can get stifling sometimes, there is a feeling of no-air, especially on muggy days. I went up to the roof, hoping to clear my head, but as I breathed deeply I could just feel all that air pollution filling my lungs. Perhaps that's what did me in...

I left Ella and drove out to the country today. I don't feel great about leaving her in that state. But then, there are plants that need caring for out here, too. There are days when it feels overwhelming like this - too much extremity, two lives pulling. The minute I arrived here I whipped out my laptop, had to get to work on my freelance projects, the ones that earn me money. It's evening now, and it's almost like I'm not really in the country, I've barely gotten outside.

Think good thoughts for Ella - that we'll find the right spot for her, and that she'll revive soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor babies! I've absolutely no words of wisdom for Ella, but for you - rest and stay hydrated.

I got sick last week, still getting over the cold. Sleep deprivation (Harry Potter, blogging), lower immune system, caught G's cold. No fun. Sorry you still have to do work. I don't really have to work, except clean up and pack b/c worker guys are here to do projects and our stuff is in the way.