Thursday, August 2, 2007

Ella, Meet Francie



It's sad, watching Ella suffer like this. Especially when the cause is likely too much of this, or too much of that (as opposed to too little of this, or too little of that) - which means there is nothing to do but wait and hope that her new location is a better one.

Other members of the "family" are doing better. J. re-potted the basil to make room for the rosemary and oregano - they were all squished in together. The cuban oregano is next for re-potting. One of the "Little Men" is now installed in the bathroom, which J. says is "so gay." I have no experience with this, so I have no comment.

So with nothing to do but wait and hope - with regards to Ella - I'm thinking about this blog's namesake, i.e. Betty Smith's 1943 novel A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. I read it as a child - maybe 4th or 5th grade - so I remember it little, except that it's about a young girl growing up in Brooklyn facing hard times, coming of age as a romantic in lonely and difficult circumstances. I read that there is an excellent audio version, read by Bernadette Dunne. I'm all over it.

No comments: