Friday, August 17, 2007

Gardener in da House

So here they are, urban greenery. In a couple of weeks I'll plant some fall-flowering annuals for color and cheer, along with arugula and spinach. The butterfly bush and lavendar are for year-round effects (scent and butterflies - are there butterflies in the Bronx? I guess we'll see).

I'm a little worried about the pots getting stolen from the stoop. J., the super, knows I've planted them and so hopefully he'll keep an eye out.



lettuces, lettuces


First signs of life on our stoop


lavendar "Grappenhall"


butterfly bush

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I love it. I can't wait to visit you. A few years ago D. and i (we can't remember if G. was born yet, which you'd think was one part of the story we'd remember) got lost driving in the Bronx at night and were really scared, ironic for me considering my claims of city girl toughness. So my point is it would be so fun to see my friend toughing (and gardening) it in da Bronx. Go read Seedfolks!!! I may just send you my copy.